SR. SOFTWARE SYSTEMS ENGINEER/ARCHITECT
The Sr. Software Systems Engineer /Architect position supports a wide variety of technical needs but primarily works on the entire lifecycle of software systems from requirements elicitation through maintenance. Systems will include real-time SCADA and related software. The position is expected to be an expert in architectures, particularly in SOA or similar architectures, Web services, etc.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
The software systems engineer will be responsible for a broad swath of duties and responsibilities including
• Designing, Developing, Integrating, and Testing Flex Power System SCADA and automation software
• Documenting the above processes
• Other duties as needed or required:
o Systems Engineering and Architecture such as
? Modeling with UML/SysML/UPDM
? Requirements elicitation and management
o Setting up communications and electrical equipment, configuring SCADA systems
o Research & Development
o Designs & develops embedded systems
o Reviews proposal technical volumes
o Authors and publishes technical papers
o Attends technical conferences
o Assists Marketing & Sales
The systems developer reports to the CTO.
None at this point.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
The position requires a Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, science, or engineering and five years of relevant experience.
The position requires minimal travel, typically not exceeding 5% of the time, though this will depend on projects at hand. (Trips within San Diego and surrounding cities/counties are not considered travel.)
Qualifications and Skills include experience with the following
• Software Engineering
o Services Oriented Architecture (SOA (Mule ESB, JBoss, etc.))
o Representational State Transfer (REST), Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP)
o Object-Oriented Design & Development
o Python, Java, C++, HTML5, XML, PHP, and related languages
o Databases (MySQL, Postgres, etc.)
o User Interface design and development
o Configuration Management
• Operating Systems
o Able to fix all kinds of technical problems
o Willing to get “down and dirty,” hooking up networking equipment, wiring, testing, etc.
• Information Assurance / Cybersecurity
• Experience in agile methods, including scrum, extreme programming, test driven development
• Quick learner
• Has innovative ideas
• A passion to make a difference in the world!
In addition to the required qualifications and skills above, preferred qualifications include:
• An additional five years of relevant experience
• Professional certifications and accreditations including CEA, LEED, CISSP, etc.
• Experience in clean energy, microgrid, and smart grid arena
• Systems Engineering
o Requirements management
• Comfortable not just with software, but also with cyber-physical interfaces
• Comfortable with various layers of the OSI stack and bit/byte manipulation